Lynn formed Gibson Hewitt & Co in 1988 with Robert Hewitt. Both were senior managers with the leading accountancy practice of Touche Ross at the time.
She is an honours graduate in Economics at the University of Manchester. She qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1978. She is a Fellow of the Association of Business Recovery Professionals and a qualified Insolvency Practitioner.
She has an extensive record of success in organising business plans, corporate restructuring, fundraising and viability reviews. She speaks regularly to a wide variety of organisations, including the Institute of Directors, Chambers of Commerce and Citizens Advice Bureaus. She is a keen sailor and has two children.
Manager, Insolvency Department
Phil joined Gibson Hewitt in 2001 and qualified as a chartered accountant with the ICAEW in 2004. He subsequently studied for the Joint Insolvency Examination Board (“JIEB”) exams achieving a 1st time pass in 2006 and was granted FCA status by the ICAEW in 2014. He has been the manager of the insolvency department at Gibson Hewitt since 2006 working in all areas of personal and corporate insolvency. As former elite level marathon runner, Phil can still be found at the gym each morning but admits adopting a far more laid back attitude these days.
Matt re-joined Gibson Hewitt in 2016 following a 15 year break working for Deloitte as a manager in their Restructuring Services department. His experience is largely in corporate insolvency, working on a number of high profile engagements, most notably:
- The administration of Leicester City Football club.
- The administration of Woolworths PLC, working closely with Hilco negotiating with suppliers including Cadbury’s and Coca Cola.
- The administration of Wedgwood, the subsequent liquidations of the group and dealing with the complex intercompany loan structure.
- Cash flow and property management of 88 St James’s Street, the freehold property adjacent to St James’s Palace owned by the Crown Estate.
- The administration of HMV, focussing on cash flow, property management and their real estate interests in New York.
- He also has significant experience in logistics, having spent a number of months working on the administration of British Seafood Limited and managing their logistics operation in Southport.
Outside of work he is a keen sports fan, skiing and football in the winter, and golfing in the summer. He also enjoys spending time with his family and being given the run-around by his young son.
Linda joined Gibson Hewitt as an Insolvency Cashier in October 2009. She has a background of 33 years working as a Legal Cashier in solicitor practices having qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Cashiers & Administrators.
Linda is married with one daughter and most of her time is spent with her daughter and their two horses.
Jane joined Gibson Hewitt in 2009. She is P.A to Lynn Gibson and deals with the general day to day running of the office. She is our marketing assistant and looks after the company’s website, SEO and social media. She also takes care of the company’s sales and purchase ledgers.
Jane is married. When she is not being a taxi service to her daughter she loves gardening and is a keen runner.